Lead Product Designer
Genesys| Remote | 2021 – Present
- Guided the full life cycle of designs as an individual contributor and mentor to other junior designers, from envisioning to concept design to prototyping to research to execution in an iterative manner while prioritizing work across multiple projects.
- Support the Self-Service Automation, Workforce Engagement Management, and Platform teams to conceptualize, design, and create features and functionality solutions for a complex cloud customer experience, contact center platform, and web solutions for over 2M+ users.
- Fostered collaboration with product managers, developers, researchers, and other designers to ensure efficient and consistent design and delivery of innovative complex solutions.
- Facilitated Design Thinking Workshops, research plans, and iterative designs to discover customer insights and pain points to recommended opportunities across high-profile products to improve user experience.
- Clearly presented executive-level playbacks that articulate compelling research insights, inspirations, recommendations, and short to long-term strategic roadmaps.
- Utilized and continuously evaluated the design system and products to create new components and UI elements for consistency, best practices, and increased productivity throughout teams.
- Mentored designers and facilitated design critiques to promote growth, communication, and continuity.
- Advocate for all users and champion inclusive and user-centered design practices.
Senior User Experience Designer and Technical Lead
Lenovo | Morrisville, NC | 2019 – 2021
- Comfortable and enthusiastic in managing complex and highly technical projects from end-to-end experiences for software and web-based applications within a global, fast-paced, agile, and iterative process.
- Gathered research, data, and information through conducting quantitative and qualitative activities to promote data-driven, inspired, or informed design decisions that are clearly articulated across peers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Served as liaison and first point of contact between Lenovo and Microsoft, including attending forums and CLIP meetings for OEMs, presenting and discussing voice of customer concerns and data.
- Drove strategic vision, UI/UX design, and implementation for software applications, dashboards, and responsive web end-to-end client experiences with data-driven solutions.
- Communicated solid design and development understanding to global cross-functional teams within an Agile environment.
- Increased on-boarding activations by 50% through overhauling Lenovo Welcome, an on-boarding application with 400K+ daily activations preloaded on all Lenovo devices.
- Facilitated as technical lead, supporting the design and development of 9 internal sites, managing IT contractors and security within the sites.
- Awarded and acknowledged by Vice President for “Employee of the year” in 2021.
Senior Strategic Designer
Lenovo | Morrisville, NC | 2018 – 2019
- Fostered strong relationships with high-profile clients including Microsoft, Intel, Medion, and InVision.
- Launched and implemented a brand-new team of engineers and researchers to produce periodic data-driven tasks through infographics, animations, posts, eNewsletters, and reports.
- Created and authored journey mappings and competitor analysis on company products.
- Conceptualized and established future trends interactive research booklet with 30+ pages directed for senior leadership to make business decisions, utilize data in executive presentations, and understand future trends.
- Took an active role in establishing and communicating individual and team goals with projects from ideas to production.
- Honored with the “Most Helpful Team Members Award in 2018.
- Pioneered all aspects of design, development, analytics, and security of 9 internal websites.
Senior User Experience Designer and Technical Lead
Lenovo | Morrisville, NC | 2016 – 2018
- Led Lenovo Vantage, a preloaded software application used for consumers, commercial, and gaming devices with over 2M+ active daily users with the ratings increasing from 2.4 to 3.6.
- Developed, presented, and communicated complex ideas and strategies in both technical and user-friendly language to all audiences.
- Managed process improvement initiatives and additional utilities focused on enhancing the performance and productivity of the team.
- Documented the design intent for both business and technical audiences, using site maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes with appropriate functional and behavioral annotations.
- Partnered with users and business stakeholders to understand methods providing remarkable and memorable user experiences.
Web Designer and Developer
Lenovo/CTG Group | Morrisville, NC | 2014 – 2016
- Developed, debugged, and revised content management system templates to allow web content writers to produce pages without understanding code.
- Collaborated across global teams of designers, product owners, project managers, and developers in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Created comprehensive wireframes and sitemaps to better understand customer journey flows of scenarios.
- Co-ordinated the redesign of Lenovo’s website through development, A/B testing, performance testing, and analytical tracking strategy.
- Trained over 50 global employees on quarterly updates within the content management system, additional features, and functionality.
Senior Programmer Analyst
First Citizens Bank | Raleigh, NC | 2013 – 2014
- Served as the only developer to support the firstcitizens.com and the firstcitizens.mobi site web applications.
- Invented and deployed new modules and pages to revise the user experience.
- Administered and maintained Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, which included understanding, reading, and analyzing data to communicate progress against the product roadmap.
- Launched a redesigned website to improve accessibility, experience, and functionality.
Allen Interactions | Tampa, FL | 2011 – 2013
- Implemented creative instructional design from prototype to producing final e-learning course.
- Prepared meaningful, memorable, and motivational e-learning experiences utilizing the Agile development process.
- Designed and composed UI/UX visuals, including the development of eLearning courses and conducting quality assurance.
- Executed Successive Approximation Model processes for an iterative design approach to delivery incremented releases.
- Devised custom WordPress themes for B2B clients, including membership sites, branded log-in screens, document depositories, and employee portals.
Designer and Developer Consultant
Self-Employed | Tampa, FL | 2007 – 2011
Orchestrated custom WordPress website themes that included converting .psd formats into WordPress. Created online and offline corporate identities for small and medium-sized companies. Delivered prototypes and UI deliverables including wireframes, flowcharts, and screen mock-ups. Coded and tested cross-browsers. Assessed and researched web analytics to guarantee the propagation of client messages over different channels.
- Branding guidelines, corporate identity, and print media.
Senior Web Designer (2005-2007) for Triad Digital Media, Tampa, FL;
Senior Graphic Designer (2003-2005) for OTT-LITE Technology, Tampa, FL;
Art Director (2001-2003) for Doubletake Studios, Tampa, FL;
Junior Art Director (1999-2001) for Yesawich, Pepperdine and Brown Agency, St. Petersburg, FL
Bachelor of Arts
in Business and Marketing
The University of Phoenix, Tampa, FL
Associate of Arts
in Visual Design and Videography
Tampa Technical College, Tampa, FL
Accessibility: How to Design for All, The Interaction Design Foundation, 2022
Information Visualization, The Interaction Design Foundation, 2022
Certified ScrumMaster, ScrumAlliance, 2022
Design Thinking, Explorer, Practitioner, and Facilitator (started), 2021, 2022
Business Analytics, Harvard Business School Online, 2019
PHP, University of South Florida, 2010
ActionScript, University of South Florida, 2009
HTML/CSS, University of South Florida, 2010
Microsoft Client Portal
Microsoft Insights Dashboard